To apply for this position, send a resume and a cover letter to Careers@behrendsgroup.com, or come by our head office, say hello, and drop them off in person.
Behrends is currently looking for a Liquid Photopolymer Plate Maker. We are looking for a career oriented, hardworking and dependable manufacturing professional to join our production team. We are looking for someone who can work independently and maintain a clean & safe work environment. Behrends offers competitive benefits, medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITY & RESULTS
- Responsible for reading and understanding job orders.
- Prepare and print negative files using Corel Draw, Wasatch Rip software and pre-existing designs.
- Prepare CNC cut files coinciding with negative files
- Perform CNC cutting on flat bed router table
- Manage the plate making process, including reading and understanding production order forms, material types and associated exposure times.
- Adhere to quality control standards. Perform all maintenance tasks to ensure quality standards are met.
- Process plates operating Exposure Unit, Washout, Rinse, Dryer, Post Exposure and Dryer units.
- Maintain a spotless clean production environment by keeping all floors and equipment clean throughout the day and at the end of shift.
- Ensure all job orders are organized, accounted for and complete.
- Mount plates to various substrates and trim on table saw.
- Follow safe work practices and procedures.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Trade school certificate in Graphic Arts/Printing or equivalent experience considered an asset but not required.
- 2 years’ experience working in a Flexo Plate Department.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 – 30 lbs. regularly.
- Ability to read and comprehend job orders and technical specs. Skilled in understanding measurements and ability to read a ruler.
- Able to take direction and self-motivated.
- Good attention to detail while working under pressure and multitasking.
- Competent use using table saw
Possess the ability or aptitude to quickly learn mechanical skills.
Dependability & Consistency
Personally responsible, steadfast and can be called upon for difficult and pressured challenges.
Communicates knowledge clearly, accurately and thoroughly.
Works well with others; gets things done with people, and keeps information lines open at all levels
Co-ordinates own work with others, seeks opinions, values working relationships.