The sign installer will install scheduled work orders, as per drawings, specifications, engineered drawings, and design intent. The sign installer will also be scheduled to assemble jobs in house that will require future installation.
This position will ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency. This role will also ensure outputs meet production schedules, safety and quality standards, as well as customer needs. The Sign Installer must posses a degree or diploma in a manufacturing-related field and three years of related experience.
- Professionalism – Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Decision Making – Makes concrete, well-informed and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions even when data and details are limited.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Problem Solving – Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements.
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety – Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Cooperation – Works with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
- Organization – Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Resourceful – Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Test electrical assemblies, equipment, and wiring for proper performance using testing devices such as meters and analysers
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Operate aerial work platforms, crane and lifting devices for movement and installation of parts
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other departments
- Adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment at all times
- Analyse work orders, production schedules, and other records or reports to determine production requirements and evaluate current production estimates or outputs
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Bolt, screw, clip, weld, solder, or otherwise fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment
- Cut, drill, sand, or plane materials for snug fit
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines
- Lubricate, clean, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools
- Position and install parts, subassemblies, and accessories using hand tools, power tools, and other aids like overhead hoists
- Knowledge of tool and equipment safety
- Experience operating hand and power tools such as drills, saws, and specialized equipment
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Dedication to safety measures and best practices
- Clean vulnerable sector check
- Clean criminal record check
- Clean police record check
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driving abstract
- Three years of related experience
- Certifications or licences appropriate to manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and tools required in various assembly processes
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrated ability to operate material-handling equipment
- Occasional overnight travel
- Occasional overtime
- Regular travel
- Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large
- High levels of stress and pressure
- Extended periods of stooping, bending, and kneeling
- High noise levels
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade
- Use of required personal protective equipment
- Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 40 kilograms
Behrends Bronze Inc. offers $22 -$26 per hour based on experience. Full paid benefits, short term and long-term disability, 80% prescription coverage and Eye glass.